Master Surendra Lal Shrestha is a 3rd Degree Black Belt from World Shito-ryu Karate Federation, Japan. He has been actively involved in Shito-ryu karate since 1986.
Master Shrestha started his karate training as a junior practitioner in 35 kgs weight group in 1989 and progressed through. He was a national champion until 2004.
Master Shrestha participated in several national and international championships in karate and kick boxing and won several medals.
His greatest accomplishments are 3rd place in 3rd Shito-Ryu World Karate Championship (Japan, 2000), 2nd place in 9th South Asian Federation Games (Pakistan, 2004) and 1st Place in 8th South Asian Federation Games (Nepal, 1999).
International Level Karate Championships:
- 1st Runner-Up, 9th South Asian Federation Games, Pakistan 2004
- 2nd Runner-Up, World Karate Championship, Japan, 2000
- 1st place, 8th South Asian Federation Games, Nepal, 1999
- Participation, 13th Asian Games, Thailand, 1998
- 2nd Runner-Up, 3rd Auko Karate championship, Macau, 1997
- Participation, 6th Karate World-cup, The Philippines, 1997
- 1st Runner-Up, 12th Auko Karate championship, The Philippines , 1995
- Participation, 1st international karate and kick boxing championship, Bangladesh, 1995
- Participation, 12th World Karate Championship, Malaysia, 1994
- 2nd Runner-Up, 7th Asian Shito Ryu Karate Championship, Malaysia, 1994
- 1st Place, International Kick-boxing Championship, Nepal, 1994
- 1st Place, 6th Asian SKF Karate Championship, Nepal, 1991
- 1st Place, Kick-boxing championship, Thailand, 1990
- Participation, 1st International Karate Championship, India, 1990
- Master Shrestha has over 11 years of experience in teaching karate and kick boxing. He has also been a referee in several championships.
Honors and Awards
- 3rd Dan Certificate by World Shito-Ryu Karate Federation, Japan 2004
- National honor with Tri Shakti Patta award by His Majesty the King Gyanendra Bir Bikram Shah Dev, Nepal for excellent performance in the 9th South Asian Federation Games, Pakistan, 2004 (picture below)
- National honor with Suprabal Gorkha Dakshin Bahu award by His Majesty the King Birendra Bir Bikram Shah Dev, Nepal for excellent demonstration of sport talents, Nepal, 1999 (picture below)
- Diploma awarded by the Olymptic Council of Asia, Japan, 1994
- Diploma awared by Nepal Karate-Do Association for deferring the rank of black-belt Shodan, Nepal, 1992
Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.
~ Lord Buddha